MarsBoard A20: Can the provided images be used?

Place for people to release software specific to the MarsBoard A10

MarsBoard A20: Can the provided images be used?

Postby blunden » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:11 am

How compatible are the A10 images provided on the official website with the A20 version? Are they directly compatible? Do you need to repackage them with a different kernel and u-boot?
blunden

Re: MarsBoard A20: Can the provided images be used?

Postby blunden » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:30 pm

At the very least it seems as though they need to repackaged with a different kernel, uboot and script.bin.
blunden

Postby acamposxp » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:29 pm

I was very disappointed with the acquisition of Marsboard A20. The forum is very weak and the support is bad. Already questioned several times about Linux images to run on A20 and after insisting a 10 times (excluded to my question of the download area) support told me that Mars will support Linux Not Made in A20. Just send me a DVD with the Android source code. Meanwhile all competitors already have launched versions of Linux for the A20. What work has to compile images that allow the boot to a20, as did Cubieboard (which hasa much more participatory forum)? I'm pretty disappointed. Not recommend the product by the total lack of support. I hope as you do not erase this outburst as well.
acamposxp

Postby blunden » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:23 pm

I ordered a Cubieboard2 since I wanted something with a case and something that hopefully boots properly. If I can get the Marsboard working I'll look into getting something like Debian on that too.
blunden

Postby WebReflection » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:07 am

in one of those lucky times my Marsboard A20 booted with less hickups than usual the Arch Linux sun7i version for Cubieboard2 booted almost properly ... I could not say anything else because the MarsBoard hanged but I am as disappointed as a camposxp with this MarsBoard A20, not because I was execting Linux, simply because they are selling boards that just do not seem to work at all, not even with Android.

It's still unknown to me what kind of power supply is needed here to boot a MarsBoard A20 properly while Cubieboard2 never gave me a glitch with 5V 1A, 5V 2A, and 5V 2.1A adapters ... none of them caused problems to the video.

They should give us money back or A10 versions as replacement paying the delivery or all people will say about this board is that nobody should buy one.
Too bad since it's the "cutest" one I could find out there based on Allwinner A20 (... even if I know this is not a good parameter to evaluate a board ... but it is one if you would like to develop entire systems on it and re-sell them ...)

Best Regards, looking forward here too for any word from a marsboard responsible.
WebReflection

Postby acamposxp » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:18 am

It seems that Mars must understand what "Forum". This is not a forum. It is a rallying cry unanswered. Forum is the Cubieboard where besides selling dog tags, the company is concerned to support consumers. They already solved the problem of the long version A20. If Mars has no power to create a version of herself, just look up in Cubieboard and adapt Cubiez (based on Debian 7.1) that the reports works fine in versions A10 and A20. This silence that firm (takes on average 15 days to reply to an email) is the most amateur I've ever seen. By a. The board seemed very promising.
acamposxp

Postby blunden » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:41 am

What I find interesting is that they say that each board is tested before sending out (assuming I understood them correctly). If that is the case, I'd be interested to know what kind of power supply they used as it seems I'm not the only one with issues.
blunden

Return to Development